Permanent House: 1
Best Houses: 1, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12
Weak Houses: 6, 7, 10
Colour: Yellow (copper)
Inimical Planets: Rahu, Ketu, Saturn, Venus
Friendly Planets: Moon, Jupiter, Mars
Neutral Planet: Mercury
Nature of Work: Government accounts and warrior
Exalted House: 1
Debilitated House: 7
Time: Morning 8 to 10
Disease: Fever, Eye problem, Headache
Substitute: Mercury + Venus
Sun is the cause of this universe. Our religious books are full of it's description. Gayatri Mantra is also chanted to please the Sun. Any natal whose Sun will be in the auspicious zodiac (1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12), will be bright, brave, having grandeur and ability to vanquish enemy. But if placed in inauspicious zodiac, the natal will be badly affected. He will be ill tempered, mean and harm interests of others.
One gets from the placement of the Sun in horoscope the knowledge about self, father, forest tour, life in a desert, mental tension, honour and respect, government accounts, all sort of education, disease of bone, heart beats, etc. If Sun is placed in the Sth house, then it harms natal.
The sun, eulogized by the author of the Lal Kitab as Vishnu, the lord of presentation, is the father of our solar system, around which all planets resolve. The power of light in the sky, the temperature of the earth, the power of presentation and progress are represented by the sun. His presence means the "day" and absence means the "night". The soul in human body and the power of rendering bodily services to others have also been referred to the Sun - a royal planet of power, authority and finances.
The Sun provides good results if placed in houses 1 to 5, 8, 9, 11 and 12. The 6th, 7th, and 10th are bad houses for the Sun. The Moon, the Jupiter and the Mars are the planets friendly to the Sun, where the Saturn, Venus, Rahu and Ketu are enemies. The first is the Puccka Ghar, the permanent house and the house of exaltation of the Sun, whereas the 7th house is in the house of debilitation. The Mars in the 6th and Ketu in the 1st house make the Sun produce results of an exalted planet. If the Sun is exalted or placed in an auspicious house of a person's horoscope he is bound to rise higher and higher in power and position. If obstacles are created against him by a person that person is bound to meet his doom. Much better results are proposed if the Sun is in conjunction with Mercury.
The Sun gives adverse effects on the things associated with the house in which he is placed. Consequently in the Ist house he will create health problems for the native. In the 2nd house he will affect the family and its comforts absolutely adversely.
The sun in the 6th house will not prove good for the sisters and daughters of the native. In the 7th he will face obstacles in the comforts of the wife. The Sun of the 8th house will save the native from death in critical situations.
The sun of the 9th house will destroy the comforts of the forefathers and perhaps deprive the native of their properties. In the 10th, the sun will affect the father adversely. The sun in the 11th increases and multiplies the income of the native manifold, if he does not augment the power of Saturn by consumption of liquor, meat and eggs. The Sun in the 12th house destroys the comforts of the night hour sleep of the native.
The Sun will not be able to harm Venus when sun is being expected by Saturn because Saturn and Venus are great friends. On the contrary, if Saturn is being expected by Sun, then the Sun will not be afraid of Saturn and he will destroy the Venus as both are natural enemies in the house where he is placed.
The effects of the Sun in both the situations in different houses are as below :
Sun in 1st House
(1) The native will be fond of constructing religious buildings and digging of wells for public purposes. He will have permanent source of livelihood- more from the government. Money earned from honest sources will keep multiplying. He will believe only his eyes, not in ears.
The native's father may die in early childhood. Having sex in the day time will make the wife constantly ill and have infection of tuberculosis if Venus is placed in the 7th house. Malefic sun in the 1st house and Mars in the 5th house will cause the death of sons, one after the other. Similarly, the malefic Sun in the 1st house and Saturn in the 8th house will cause the death of wives, one after the other. If there is no planet in the 7th house the marriage before 24th year will prove lucky for the native, otherwise the 24th year of the native would prove highly disastrous for him
Remedial Measures :
(1) Marry before 24th year of life.
(2) Don't have sex with wife during the day time.
(3) Install a hand pump for water in your ancestral house.
(4) Construct small dark room in the left side at the end of your house.
(5) Either of the spouse must stop eating "GUR" i.e. jiggery.
Sun in 2nd house
(1) The native will be self-dependent, skilled in handiwork and would prove highly helpful to parents, maternal uncles, sisters, daughters and in-laws.
(2) The Sun in the 2nd will become more auspicious if the Moon is placed
in the 6th house.
(3) Ketu in the 8th house will make the native very truthful.
(4) Rahu in the 9th house makes the native a renowned artist or painter.
(5) Ketu in the 9th house makes him a great technician.
(6) Mars in the 9th house makes him fashionable.
(7) The generous nature of the native would put an end to growing enemies.
(1) The Sun will affect very adversely the things and relatives associated with the planets inimical to the Sun i.e., wife, wealth, widows, cows, taste, mother etc. Disputes regarding wealth property and wife will spoil the native.
(2) Never accept donations if the Moon is placed in the 8th house and the Sun in the 2nd house is not auspicious; otherwise the native will be destroyed altogether.
(3) The Sun in the 2nd house, Mars in the 1st and Moon in the 12th house make the native's condition critical and pathetic in every manner.
(4) Mars in the 8th house makes the native extremely greedy if the Sun in the 2nd house is inauspicious.
Remedial Measures :
(1) Donate coconut, mustard oil and almonds to religious places of worship.
(2) Manage to avoid disputes involving wealth, property and ladies.
(3) Avoid accepting donations, specially rice, silver and milk.
Sun in 3rd House
(1) The native will be rich, self-dependant and having younger brothers.
(2) He will be blessed with divine grace and will earn profits intellectual by pursuits.
(3) He will be interested in astrology and mathematics.
(1) If the Sun is not auspicious in the 3rd house and the Moon is also not auspicious in the horoscope, there will be daylight robbery or theft in the native's house.
(2) If the 9th house is afflicted, the forefathers would have been poor. If the 1st house is afflicted, the neighbours of the native will be destroyed.
Remedial Measures :
(1) Obtain blessings of the mother by keeping her happy.
(2) Serve others with rice or milk.
(3) Practice good conduct and avoid evil deeds.
Sun in 4th House
(1) The native will be wise, kind and a good administrator. He will have constant source of income. He will leave a legacy of great riches for his off springs after death.
(2) If the Moon is with the Sun in the 4th house, the native will earn great profit through certain new researches.
(3) The Mercury in the 10th or 4th house will make such a native a renowned trader.
(4) If Jupiter is also with the Sun in the 4th house, the native will make good profits through gold and silver trade.
(1) The native becomes greedy, inclined to commit theft and likes to harm others. This tendency ultimately produces very bad results.
(2) If the Saturn is placed in the 7th house he becomes victimised by night blindness.
(3) If the Sun is inauspicious in the 7th house and mars is placed in the 10th house, the native's eye will become seriously defective, but his fortunes will not dwindle.
(4) The native will become impotent if the Sun in the 4th is inauspicious and the Moon is placed in the 1st or 2nd house, the Venus is in the 5th and Saturn is in the 7th house.
Remedial Measures :
(1) Distribute alms and food to the needy people.
(2) Do not take up business associated with iron and wood.
(3) Business associated with gold, silver, cloth will give very good
Sun in 5th house
(1) The progress and prosperity of family and children will be assured. If the Mars is placed in the 1st or 8th house and Rahu, Ketu, Saturn are placed in 9th and 12th houses, the native will lead king's life.
(2) If in 5th house placed with any planet inimical to sun, the native will be bestowed hour by the government everywhere.
(3) If Jupiter is placed in 9th or 12th house, the enemies will be destroyed, but this position will not be good for children of the native.
(1) If the Sun in the 5th is inauspicious and Jupiter is in 10th, the wife of the native will die and wives in subsequent marriages will also die.
(2) If the sun in the 5th house is inauspicious and Saturn is placed in 3rd, sons of the native will die.
Remedial Measures :
(1) Do not delay in having a child.
(2) Build your kitchen in the eastern portion of your house.
(3) Drop a lit the quantity of mustard oil on the ground continuously for 43 days.
Sun in 6th House
(1) Native will be lucky, prone to anger, will have beautiful spouse and will benefit from that government.
(2) If Sun is in the 6th house and Moon, Mars and Jupiter in the 2nd house, following tradition will be beneficial.
(3) If sun is in 6th house and Ketu in 1st or 7th house then the native will have a son and after the 48th year great fortune will follow.
(1) The native's son and maternal family will face bad times. Will also affect native health adversely.
(2) If there is a no planet in the 2nd house, the native will get a government job in the 22nd year of his life.
(3) If Mars is placed in the 10th house the native's sons will die one after the other.
(4) Mercury in the 12th house causes high blood pressure.
Remedial Measures :
(1) Ancestral customs and ritu also should be strictly followed; otherwise the family progress and happiness will be destroyed.
(2) Underground furnaces should not be constructed with in the premises of the house.
(3) After taking dinner blow off the fire of the kitchen stove by sprinkling milk over it.
(4) Always keep Gangajal in the premises of your house.
(5) Offer wheat or Gur to monkeys.
Sun in 7th House
(1) If Jupiter, Mars or Moon are placed in the 2nd house, the native will occupy a ministerial position in the government.
(2) If the Mercury is exalted or Mercury in the 5th or 7th house is expected by Mars, the native will have unending sources of income.
(1) If the Sun is inauspicious in the 7th house and Jupiter, Venus or any malefic planet is placed in the 11th house and Mercury is malefic in any other house, the native will encounter the death of several members of his family together. Obstacles from the government diseases like tuberclosis and asthma will vicitimise the native. Incidents of fire, embalmment and other family troubles will madden the native who may go to the extent of becoming a recluse or committing suicide.
(2) Malefic Sun in the 7th and Mars or Saturn in the 2nd or 12th house and Moon in the 1st house cause leprosy or leucoderma.
Remedial Measures :
(1) Lessen the amount of salt intake.
(2) Start any work after taking a little sweet with water.
(3) Offer a little piece of your chapati to the fire of the kitchen before taking your meals.
(4) Serving and rearing up a black cow or a cow without horns, but make sure that the cow is not white.
Sun in 8th House
(1) Government favours will accrue from the 22nd year of life.
(2) Here the Sun makes the native truthful, saintly and king like. Nobody would be able to harm him.
(1) Mercury in the 2nd house will create economic crisis.
(2) Native will be short tempered, impatient & will have ill health.
Remedial Measures :
(1) Never keep a white cloth in the house.
(2) Never live in the house facing south.
(3) Always eat something sweet and drink water before starting any new work.
(4) Throw copper coins in a burning pyre (Chita) whenever possible.
(5) Throw Gur (jaggery) in running water.
Sun in 9th House
(1) Native will be lucky, good natured will have good family life and will always help others.
(2) If Mercury is in the 5th house, the native will have fortune after 34 years.
(1) Native will be evil and troubled by his brothers.
(2) Disfavour from government and loss of reputation.
Remedial Measures :
(1) Never accept articles of silver as gifts or donation. Donate silver articles frequently.
(2) Ancestral pots and utensils of brass must be used and not sold.
(3) Avoid extreme anger and extreme softness.
Sun in 10th House
(1) Benefits and favours from government, good health and financially stronger.
(2) The native will get a government job and comforts of vehicles and servants.
(3) The native will always be suspicious about others.
(1) If the Sun is in the 4th house, the native's father will die in his childhood.
(2) If the Sun is in the 10th house and moon is in the 5th house the native will have a very short life.
(3) If the 4th house is without any planet, the native will be deprived of government favours and benefits.
Remedial Measures :
(1) Never wear blue or black clothes.
(2) Throwing a copper coin in a river or canal for 43 years will be highly beneficial.
(3) Abstain from liquor and meat.
Sun in 11th House
(1) If the native is vegetarian he will have three sons and will himself be head of the house and will get benefits from government.
(1) The Moon is in the 5th house and the Sun is not expected by good planets, the will have a short life span.
Remedial Measures :
(1) Abstain from meat and wine.
(2) Keep almonds or radishes near the head of the bed and offer it in the temple next day for long life and children.
Sun in 12th House
(1) If Ketu in the 2nd house the native will earn wealth after 24 years and will have good family life.
(2) If Venus and Mercury are together their then one will benefit from business and the native will always have steady source of income.
Native will suffer from depression, financial loss from machineries and will be punished by the government.
If the other evil planet is in the 1st house, the native will not be able to sleep peacefully at night.
Remedial Measures :
(1) Native should always have a courtyard in his house.
(2) One should be religious and truthful.
(3) Keep a Chakki in the house.
(4) Always forgive your enemies.
(1) Practice one remedy at one time.
(2) Practice the remedies maximum for 43 days and minimum for 40 days.
(3) Practice them fully. If there occurs any interruption, resume the remedies again.
(4) Perform the remedies from sun-rise to sun-set.
(5) Remedies can also be practiced by some of the kin i.e. brother, father or son etc as well.
SUN in Lal Kitab
In fact Sun is a star which consists mainly of hydrogen and helium. It's distance from earth is approximately 15 crore kilometers. The Sun completes its movement around it's orbit in thirty days. It spreads light and warmth on all sides by means of its rays.
According to the Puranas Sun is the son of the saint Kashyap and Aditi. He is the lord of the sky whose chariot is drawn by seven horses. The colours of the horses are seven which are reflected in rainbow. The chariot has only one. wheel which implies the synthesis of the seven colours. The chariot is always on the move driven by Arun. The Sun's wife is Sangya who is the daughter of Lord Vishwakarma. Sun has two children from his wife Sangya, a son called Yam and daughter Yamuna. Saturn is also his son from his other wife called Chhaya.
The Sun changes it's house on the auspicious day called Sankranti.
Mode of Worship
The special day for worshipping Sun is the seventh day of the Shukla Paksha of every month. Sun is worshipped specifically on the sixth day of Shukla Paksha in the month of Kartika to beget a good son. It is prayed by invoking Gayatri Mantra.
Characteristics of Sun
A man under the influence of Sun has a very strong, grave and impressive personality. His height is more than average but he is not tall, with scanty hair and copper complexion. He has strong bones and long and sturdy arms. The eyes are honey coloured with a sparkle of a lion but lack ferociousness. The face is elongated and wide. Such a man possesses good temperament and keeps away from vices. The Sun is acidic and sharp in nature. Hence such people are impressive and hot tempered, but outwardly they seem to be innocent. They are very ambitious but normally speak little. If Sun is malicious the person becomes arrogant, outspoken, hypocrite, brutal and ill tempered.
Relation with zodiac and other planets
Sun is the lord of zodiac Leo but its exalted sign is Aries and debilitated sign Libra.
Friend - Moon, Mars and Jupiter
Enemies - Venus, Saturn, Rahu and Ketu
Neutral - Mercury
Sun is pleased by chanting of Gayatri Mantra and reading of Aditya Hridaya Stotra and Ramayana.
Ways to Please Sun through Lal Kitab
The Sun gives luminosity to the sky and warmth to earth. The sun is a grand, benevolent king. Its presence causes day. It is compared to the soul in the human body. It is always on its move. Moon, Mars and Mercury are its essential parts with which it gives favourable results. Jupiter gets its wisdom and fortune from Sun. The Sun sustains life on the earth.
The Sun remains neutral when it is with Mercury. If friendly with Jupiter, Moon and Mars, it is inimical with Venus and Saturn. If Sun is placed in the fifth house, it enhances the destiny and fortune. It is pleased by dropping jaggary in water.
If Sun is placed in the first house, the owner should install a hand pump in his house. His destiny shall shine after ten years. If it is in the second house then Saturn has to be appeased by offering coconut, oil, or almond in a temple. The Sun seated in the seventh house shall affect family and children of the person. It is advised to bury a few square pieces of copper in the ground or eat sweet and drink water before starting a new project. It is also advised to look after a cow with black horns. For the benefit of the husband a piece of chapati should be offered in fire before eating.
The Sun in the eighth house is not good. The person has long life. He is very much attracted towards women and lives through many miseries. A dying person shall not pass away easily before him. It is advisable that he keeps away so that the person can pass away smoothly. It is advised that the concerned person should not stay in his sister or in laws house or else he shall suffer from eye trouble or veneral disease. It is advised that the person prays to Sun and serves his elder brother. He may take 800 gms of jaggery and an equal amount of wheat and offer them daily for eight days in a temple. He must look after a white cow. Avoid having the main entrance of the house in the south.
If Sun is in the ninth house then the person is reputed, very well off and very practical. His entire family is healthy, and enjoys long life. He is very loving and caring towards his family. He performs well as a contractor or being engaged in the family business.
Keeping rice, milk and silver strengthens the power of the Sun but accepting these things as alms shall become a cause of destruction.
Sun in the tenth house fills the person's life with miseries for 34 years. If Venus is in the fourth house then his parents shall suffer. If Moon is placed in the fifth house the person shall have a short life.
It is advised that the person avoids wearing blue and black clothes and drops copper coins in a river.
If Sun is in the eleventh house, the person does not have children or the infants are still born; it is advised to keep almonds at the bedside and offer it to a temple in the morning to please the Sun.
Sun placed in the twelfth house is not regarded as good. The natal suffers eye problems and mental disorders. It is advised that he offers jaggery to monkeys and worships Sun. The house should have a courtyard.
A House of Sun
The door of the house of such a person should be in the east and the courtyard in the centre of the house. Fire should be associated with the courtyard. A tap or hand pipe may be towards right hand in the courtyard.
- If Sun is sitting in the tenth house (naturally in the sign Capricorn that is in the sign of Saturn) and is afflicting through its objects, the trial (totaka) is that, dropping copper coin in flowing water is beneficial.
- Copper is the metal of Sun and Capricorn is moveable sign. There is an adage - 'Khuye muh laajeyJaankh' which means that modesty will take over eyes while making donation of a few grains and when modesty will come it will subdue anger.
- Another point of view is that on donating in the name of Sun the trouble of the person will flow off as running water.
Indications of Malefic Sun in Horoscope
- Sun is the biggest Karka of our brilliance, power, position and impression over others. Some of the indications for malefic Sun are:-
1. Heart attack / Disease or disease of stomach.
2. Bone Disease or Paralysis.
3. Loss of father in childhood.
4. Obstacles in Govt, related works.
5. Problem in right eye or loss of sleep.
6. Mental tension due to first son.
7. Unhappy and diseased childhood.
8. Some one in family became sadhu due to life's problems.
9. There has been theft or Govt. punishment.
10. There are problems in life of father's brother.
11. Relations with father are not good.
12. Wife is sickly or barren.
13. One is mentally upset due to separation with wife.
1. If Sun is in Lagna and 7th house is vacant, have early marriage (before 24 yrs), but not in 22nd year.
2. Keep a part of articles related to Sun, given by others in charity in a temple.
3. Serve and take blessings of parents and paternal relations.
4. Wear a white or pink cap or sari.
5. Offer water mixed with sugar and pink flower to rising Sun.
6. Serve or look after well boss, Govt. official, and physician.
7. Feed blind person, monkey or cock.
8. Serve rice/ sugar/ sesame to ants at sun- set.
9. Offer food to fire before meals.
10. If Sun is malefic in 5th house (physical discomfort, loss in court, punishment by Govt, etc), collect equal amount from near relations and perform Yajna on a Sunday.
11. If Sun in 6th is causing problem, in heart, eye, stomach or business, donate Jaggery, copper or gold to a Kshatriya .
12. If Sun in 7th is malefic, extinguish fire of stove in kitchen by milk.
13. If Sun in 10th is malefic, put copper coin / metal in running water.
14. If Sun is afflicted by Rahu, put coal, mustard beans or barley in running water on an eclipse day
15. Before beginning any work, eat sweet and then drink water.
16. Have kitchen along eastern wall of your house.
17. Never give false evidence and avoid meat or liquor.
18. Eat less salt, and keep fast on Sundays.
19. Worship Vishnu and listen or read Harivansh Purana.
20. Donate in a temple.
21. Keep reddish, almond or water in a copper vessel, near your head in night and donate it in a temple in the morning.
Engineer Rameshwar Prasad
(B.Tech., M.Tech., P.G.D.C.A., P.G.D.M.)