Peace of mind has lost by most homeowners because of negative energies and sleeping direction which makes an important factor for losing peace of mind.
Sleeping position of people is utmost significant because this is the position in which we spend our 8-10 hours. Our bed surrounds with energies and if a person sleeping on it faces wrong direction then he/she has to encounter undesirable results effecting their health and peace of mind.
The position of our sleeping bed is primary concern in incurring better peace of mind because this place provides us strength and enhance decision making power.
We usually spend maximum time on our bed and if this place is not favourable would affect all round peace and health. Therefore it is advisable to check your sleeping position to get back the power of peace and decision.
Vaastu shastra dates back to the Vedas or the eternal books of knowledge. It is referred to as an Upaveda of Atharvaveda. Vaastu crosses the frontiers of material science when it speaks of the concept of Vaastu Purusha Mandala. The science personifies space and its importance as Vaastu Purusha. The ancient masters’ concept of channelizing space energies into an area called Mandala to give humanity peace and prosperity was later handed over to modern world by Einstein as E=mc2 (Energy and matter are inter-convertible).
Gross energy, identified as Vastu (Sthoola) and subtle energy as Vaastu (Sookshma) very clearly highlight the importance of both physical and metaphysical aspects of construction.
A high degree of precision is used in measurements, the smallest unit being the Paramanu or the atom. The Angula and the Hasta are the standard units of measurements for buildings and Idols. Ayadi Shadvarga or Six-Force formulae should be used to orient the building properly and arrive at the correct dimensions. The compatibility of the nakshatra of the building to the nakshatra of the owner or resident of the property is of prime importance. Muhurtha at four stages of construction play an important part in giving the residents of a building peace and prosperity.
The position of our sleeping bed is primary concern in incurring better peace of mind because this place provides us strength and enhance decision making power. We usually spend maximum time on our bed and if this place is not favourable would affect all round peace and health. Therefore it is advisable to check your sleeping position to get back the power of peace and decision.
Here are a few simple principles that can be easily adapted for promoting peace and prosperity in one’s habilitation:
1. Balance the primary elements, that is, space, water, earth, fire and wind, of an area with the assistance of a Vaastu Guru. Ensure that elements in the house are arranged in accordance with five elements such as water, air, fire, earth and sky. The North East can have water resource like a bore-well or water tank. The South East can have the fireplace or kitchen, while the South West, which supports the earth element, can have the room of the owner. These aspects will help in maintaining peace at home.
2. Always orient to the cardinal directions i.e. North, South, West or East.
3. Orientation can also be based on your astrological sign.
4. Never orient to the angular directions i.e. North-East, North-West, South-East or South-West.
5. Have a compound wall on all the four sides.
6. Create a depression all along the boundary wall within the site by creating a green belt or flower path.
7. Elevate the building to three feet above road level.
8. De-activate the Paisacha zone (of negative energies) by keeping the compound walls away from the main building.
9. Mahadwara or the main door lets in the Pranavayu or the primary energies into the terrestrial habitation. The dimensions of the door should be carefully selected for proper flow of these energies into the building.
10. Keep the center of your building free of depressions, pillars, columns and water.
11. The center or the northeast of an area is ideal for a Puja room.
12. The bedroom should be constructed in a square or rectangular shape. A triangle is considered to be unlucky. If your bedroom has five corners with five walls and cannot be renovated, keep furniture in such a way as to create a sixth corner. An even-cornered space is better than an odd-cornered one.
13. Let your daughters occupy the North-West rooms.
14. Mirrors placed in West or South direction of a bedroom can cause fights and arguments in a couple. If you are facing too many fights with your partner, remove the mirror or cover it with a curtain.
15. Elders can sleep with their heads to the South and the youngsters to the East. Turn to the right as you get up from your bed.
16. Patients and sick members of your family can occupy the North-East rooms.
17. Masters of the house can occupy the South and South-West rooms.
18. If the walls of the house are not constructed in 90 degrees angle or has a slant as small as an inch, get it repaired as soon as possible. This may be the cause of various disturbances at your place.
The masters of wisdom handed over Vaastu Shastra to us on a platter. As intelligent beings, we need to adapt these simple principles to the modern changed conditions of life and make use of them for our peace and prosperity.
Engineer Rameshwar Prasad
(B.Tech., M.Tech., P.G.D.C.A., P.G.D.M.)