Own House: 10
Best Houses: 2, 3, 7, 12
Weak Houses: 1, 4, 5, 6
Enemy Planets: Sun, Moon, Mars
Friendly Planets: Mercury, Venus, Rahu
Neutral Planets: Ketu, Jupiter
Work: Physician, Oil, Iron
Disease: Cough, Vision, Stomach problem
Time: Entire night, Dark day
Substitute: Venus + Mercury
(temperament like Ketu) Mars + Mercury
Lal Kitab - Effects of Saturn (Natal Chart Reading) - CLICK HERE
Lal Kitab - Effects of Saturn (Annual Predictions) - CLICK HERE
Saturn is a large planet that moves very slowly at slow space, i.e. (shanch shaneh) that it why it is known as Shanishchar. It is auspicious in 2, 7, 3, 10 and I Ith house but inauspicious in 4, 5, and 8th houses. It controls age, death, wealth, house, children, loss in legal suit, theft, maladies related to gastroenteritis, etc. It can do wonders if it is favourable but can be very evil if inauspicious.
Favourable Saturn makes a person great scholar with a good command over a language.
The astrological thesis of Lal Kitab describes Saturn as a serpent, whose head or mouth is Rahu and Ketu is it's tail. If ketu is posited in earlier houses than Saturn, the latter becomes a great benefic for the native. However, if the position is otherwise, the Saturn throws highest poisonous results on the native. Further, Saturn never gives malefic effects if posited in houses of Jupiter i.e. 2, 5, 9 or 12, whereas Jupiter provides bad results if posited in the house of Saturn.
Saturn is considered good in houses 2nd , 3rd and 7th to 12th, whereas 1st, 4th, 5th and 6th houses are bad for Saturn. Sun, Moon and Mars are its enemies, Venus, Mercury and Rahu are friends and Jupiter and Ketu are neutral to it. Saturn gets exalted in 7th house and the 1st house is the house of its debilitation. Venus and Jupiter placed together act like Saturn in that house. Similarly Mars and Mercury placed in a single house act like Saturn in that house. In the former case Saturn behaves like Ketu, while in the latter case it behaves like Rahu.
Venus gets destroyed if Saturn is being expected by the Sun in any horoscope. The aspect of Venus on Saturn causes loss of money and wealth, but the aspect of Saturn on Venus proves highly beneficial. Collision of Saturn and Moon causes operation of the eyes of the native. Saturn gives good results if posited in house earlier than sun.
Saturn can never give malefic results if posited with Sun or Jupiter in a single house, but highly adverse results would follow if posited with Moon or Mars in any house. Saturn releases its poisonous results on the sign and Mars, if it is posited in 1st house, on Mars only if posited in 3rd house, on moon if posited in 4th house, on sun if posited in 5th house, and on Mars in posited in 3rd house. Saturn in 3rd house deprives the native of the accumulation of cash money and kills the children of the native when posited in 5th house and 10th house is empty. It becomes highly benefic in 12th house if friendly planets are posited in 2nd house. Saturn provides very good results if placed in houses 1 to 7 on the condition that 10th house is empty. Saturn in 1st house and sun in 7th, 10th or 11th houses causes all sorts of troubles for native's wife. Combination of Mars and Saturn gives adverse results al through.
Saturn in Ist House
1st house is influenced by Sun and Mars. Saturn in 1st house will give good results only when 3rd, 7th or 10th houses are not inhabited by any planet which is inimical to Saturn. If Mercury or Venus, Rahu or Ketu is in 7th house, Saturn will always give good results . In case Saturn is malefic and the native has a hairy body, the native will remain poor. If native celebrates his birthday it will give very bad results However the native will have a long life.
1. Abstinence from alcohol and non-vegetarian meals.
2. Burying Surma in the ground will be beneficial for promotion in service and business.
3. Serving monkey will lead to prosperity.
4. Offering sweet milk to the roots of a banyan tree will give good results as regards education and health.
Saturn in 2nd House
The native will be wise, kind and just. He will enjoy wealth and will be of religious temperament. However, whether Saturn is benefic or malefic in this house, it will be decided by the planets placed in 8th house. The state of finance of the native will be decided by 7th house, the number of male members in the family by 6th house and age by 8th house. When Saturn is malefic in this house, after the native's marriage his in laws will face problems.
1. Going barefoot to temple for forty three days.
2. Putting a tilak of curd or milk on the forehead.
3. Offering milk to snake.
Saturn in 3rd House
In this house Saturn gives good results. This house is the pukka Ghar of Mars. When Ketu aspects this house or is placed here Saturn will give very good results. The native will be healthy, wise and very intuitive. If the native is wealthy he will have few male members in the family and vice versa. As long as the native abstains from wine and non-vegetarianism, he will enjoy a long and healthy life.
1. Serve three dogs.
2. Distributing medicines for eyes free.
3. Keeping a dark room in the house will prove highly beneficial.
Saturn in 4th House
This house belongs to Moon. So it will give mixed results in this house. The native will be devoted to his parents and will be of loving nature. Whenever the native is suffering from bad health, the use of things associated with Saturn will give good results. In native's family some one will be associated with medical profession.
When Saturn is malefic in this house drinking wine, killing of snakes and laying the foundation of the house at night will give very bad results. Drinking milk in the night will also give bad results.
1. Offering milk to snake and offering milk or rice to crow or buffalo.
2. Pouring milk in the well.
3. Pouring rum in running water.
Saturn in 5th House
This house belongs to Sun, which is inimical to Saturn. The native will be proud. He should not construct a house till 48 years, otherwise his son will suffer. He should live in the house bought or constructed by his son. He should keep articles of Jupiter and Mars in his ancestral house for welfare of his children. If the native has hairy body, he will be dishonest.
1. Distributing salty things while celebrating son's birthday.
2. Offering almonds in the temple and bringing and keeping half of it in the house.
Saturn in 6th House
If the work related to Saturn is done at night it will always give beneficial results. When marriage takes place after 28 years it will produce good results. when Ketu is well placed the native will enjoy wealth, profitable journey and happiness from children. when Saturn is malefic bringing things associated with Saturn, like leather and things of iron, will give bad results, especially when Saturn is in 6th house in varshaphal
1. Serving a black dog and offering meals to it.
2. Offering coconut and almonds in the running water.
3. Serving snakes will prove advantageous for the welfare of children.
Saturn in 7th House
This house is influenced by Mercury and Venus, both friends of Saturn. so this planet gives very good results in this house. The professions associated with Saturn, like machinery and iron, will be very profitable. If the native maintains good relation with his wife, he will be rich and prosperous, will enjoy a long life and good health. If Jupiter is in 1st house, there will be gain from government.
Saturn becomes malefic if the native commits adultery and drinks wine. If the native gets married after 22 years his eyesight will be affected adversely.
1. Bury a flute filled with sugar in a deserted place.
2. Serving black cow.
Saturn in 8th House
In 8th house no planet is considered auspicious. The native has a long life, but his father's life span is short and native's brothers turn out to be his foes. This house is considered headquarter of Saturn, but it will give bad result if Mercury, Rahu and Ketu are malefic in the native's horoscope.
1. Keeping a square piece of silver.
2. Putting milk in water and sitting on a stone or wood while taking bath.
Saturn in 9th House
Native will have three houses. He will be a successful tour operator or civil engineer. He will enjoy a long and happy life and parents also will have a happy life. Maintaining three generations will protect from the bad effects of Saturn. if the native is helpful to others Saturn will always give good results. The native will have a son, though he will be born late.
1. Offering rice or almonds in running water.
2. Work associated with Jupiter-gold, kiesar and Moon (silver cloth) will give good results.
Saturn in 10th House
This is Saturn's own house, where it will give good results. The native will enjoy wealth and property as long as he does not get a house constructed. Native will be ambitious and enjoy favours from government. The native should behave with shrewdness and should do his work while sitting at one place. only then he will enjoy the benefits of Saturn.
1. Going to temple.
2. Abstinence from meat, wine and eggs.
3. Offering food to ten blind people.
Saturn in 11th House
Native's fate will be decided at the age of forty eight years. The native will never remain childless. Native will earn money by shrewdness and deceit. Saturn will give good or bad results according to the position of Rahu and Ketu.
1. Before going for an important work place a vessel filled with water and drop oil or wine on earth for forty three days.
2. Abstinence from drinking and maintaing good moral character.
Saturn in 12th House
Saturn gives good results in this house. Native will not have enemies. He will have many houses. His family and business will increase. He will be very rich. However Saturn will become malefic if the native starts drinking wine and becomes non- vegetarian, or if the dark room in the house is illuminated.
Tieing twelve almonds in a black cloth and placing it in a iron pot and keeping it in a dark room will give good results.
(1) Practice one remedy at one time.
(2) Practice the remedies maximum for 43 days and minimum for 40 days.
(3) Practice them fully. If there occurs any interruption, resume the remedies again.
(4) Perform the remedies from sun-rise to sun-set.
(5) Remedies can also be practiced by some of the kin i.e. brother, father or son etc as well.
SATURN in Lal Kitab
The diameter of Saturn is approximately 1.25 Lac kilometers. It is located at an approximate distance of 1.5 million kilometers from Sun. It moves roughly at a speed of 10 kilometers per second and completes its round in 30 years. Owing to the rings around it, Saturn is regarded as the most beautiful planet of the universe. In size it stands next to Jupiter; it revolves around its axis In 9 hours only. It has 10 satellites.
According to the mythological refere nces Saturn is the son of the Sun from his wife Chhaya. It became a planet according to his father's command but became cruel because of a curse from wife. One day Saturn was busy in his religious meditation when its wife approached it in a lustful mood. Saturn continued meditating and remained unmindful of her. This enraged her and cursed that the person at whom it would cast eyes would be destroyed.
Saturn is generally believed to be giving ill effects to people. It is very dark complexioned, i.e. almost black and is regarded as a Shudra. Hawk and male buffalo are supposed to be its vehicle. Lord Ganesha was under the unfavourable influence of Saturn when his head was chopped off.
Saturn is appeased by offering black flowers to the idol of Saturn made of iron on Saturday, especially if it is in the fourth, eighth or twelfth house.
Saturn is generally believed to be casting evil effects. Soon after his birth its effect on father Sun made it suffer from leprosy and his coachman (sarathi) Arun became handicapped. If we look at the form of Saturn earnestly we find that it is the wieldier of justice; it uses whip to control the over ambitious and restless mind.
The person under the influence of Saturn is usually dry and dark complexioned; he is tall, lean and thin, apparently like an aged person. His hair are rough, thick and hard and eyes round, deep rooted with yellow, brownish or red tinge. He does not blink eyes very frequently. Saturn is lame with thick nails and teeth. Eyebrows are usually straight with scanty hair. He has small ears.
He is very cruel, foolish, fond of vices but a fool. He is extremely shrewd, obstinate and capable of overpowering the enemy.
If Saturn is favourably placed, the person is a thinker and a loner. It controls the veins, hair, and bald head. It regulates serious thoughts, caution, concentration, narrow mindedness, shrewdness, laziness, wickedness, sorrow, suffering, death, etc.
Relation with zodiac and other planets
Saturn is the lord of the zodiac Capricorn and Aquarius. It holds an exalted position when placed in the house of Libra and debilitated in the house of Aries.
Friends - Mercury, Venus, Rahu
Enemies - Sun, Moon, Mars
Neutral - Jupiter, Ketu
Saturn according to Lal Kitab
Saturn looks after the vision of each and every person in the world. It keeps the record of good and evil deeds of every person. It is the protector and wieldier of law. It takes care that everyone gets his due in accordance with his deeds.
In the absence of Saturn everything in the world would have been topsy-turvy. Saturn helps man in obtaining salvation and achieve ultimate goal. It also inspires man to drift towards detachment.
Rahu Ketu are the two assistants of Saturn. Saturn is also likened to snake (Kaalsarpa) whose mouth is Rahu and Ketu. The three of them Join hands to set the world right by punishing all those who deserve being punished. Rahu issues challan of conviction in the court of Saturn while Ketu acts as a lawyer speaking in defense of the person. The Saturn passes the verdict on the basis of Ketu's presentation of the case.
Saturn and Venus are friends and protectors. Even though it is the son of the Sun it is against him; one represents the day while the other night remedy is to donate oil in a vessel.
House of Saturn
The planet is associated with the boundary of any house. As it acts just the opposite of the Sun, so the main entrance of the house will be located in the west. If the last room of the house is situated on the right hand side of the entrance and is utterly dark, then it will give very good results. If sunlight enters into the room, it means confrontation between Saturn and the Sun and total distraction.
The house of the Saturn dominated person has stones laid in it. Old wood might have been used in building its door frames and pillar.
- Feeding wheat dough to fish is useful if Saturn is sitting in the horoscope in an unfavourable position.
- Offering a share to crows from one's meals also wards off the ill effect of Saturn.
- Arrange an oil-filled pot to see one's image in the oil in order to remove the ill effect of Saturn.
- Black gram lentil (uraddal), oil, iron, leather, stone are the worthy objects of Saturn's donation.
- Lord Shiva is the lord of Saturn. Donation of almond, oven, pincers (chimta), pan (lawa), wine and spirit is good to put off the dread of Saturn.
Indications of Malefic Saturn in Horoscope
1. Saturn being a separatist planet, it causes disenchantment from education, family or vocation depending on its dasha/ antar-dasha and affliction.
2. It causes diseases like problems of nerves, stomach, gas, joints, and other chronic diseases like paralysis, cancer and kidney.
3. Being an airy planet, it causes fire/ accidents Or collapse of house.
4. It causes problems of eyes (night-blindness), legs (polio) or hair-loss.
5. Sudden problems from govt, officials, court or police.
6. Native is addicted to liquor and spouse remains ill.
7. One buys old house or old machinery.
8. Death of buffalos/ goats.
9. It creates sudden obstacles in business or service.
10. It gives strong sense of revenge and retaliation/ counter-attack.
11. When afflicted in 5th or 8th house, children go astray or are in trouble.
Remedies in Lal Kitab
1. Offer a small part of meal to dogs/ crows and feed fish with flour.
2. Donate meat, whole Urd, iron, mustard oil, items of leather/ stone, almond, Angithi, tong (Chimata) to old/ disabled/ helpless people.
3. Worship Bhairon/ Hanuman and donate milk/ liquor at Bhairon temple.
4. Look after barber, tailor, artisans, labors and destitute.
5. Give fodder to buffalo or Missi/ tandoori roti with oil to dog.
6. Give grain to black ants after sun-set and bury collyrium (Surma) in an isolated place. .
7. Wear ring of iron, steel, horse-shoe or boat's Keel in middle finger.
8. Put in running water, 6 almonds and 6 coconuts for 6 days.
9. In south direction, bury 12 almonds in black cloth or honey or copper in dark room of the house.
10. To get over "Debt of destitute", collect equal amount from each member of the family and feed 100 destitute or labours.
11. Do not consume meat, fish or liquor and have fast on Saturdays.
12. Offer milk at roots of Banyan tree and apply Tilak of moistened earth on forehead to get over problem of education.
13. Keep black dog as pet to ward off troubles for children.
14. Bury an earthen pot filled with mustard oil in earth near bank of a river/ pond such that the pot remains in the water.
15. Plan important works in night or during dark half of the Moon.
16. Keep rectangular piece of silver with you and put 800 gms of whole Urd in running water for 8 days starting from a Saturday.
17. For 43 days, put down oil, sprit or liquor on ground.
18. If there is no malefic in2nd house, offer 10 almonds in a temple and bring back 5 out of these to house, but do not (Never) eat any of them.
19. For good marital life, bury a black flute filled with honey/Khand in an isolated place.
20. For wealth, keep Ganga Jal in a brass vessel.
21. For mental peace and health of mother, put old rice/ silver in running water.
22. If Saturn is afflicted in 2nd hours, go bare foot to temple and offer milk to serpents.
23. To alleviate ill effect of Sade-Saati, On a Saturday evening in an earthen pot, keep pair of snake (of copper) & black Urd and bury near root of a Peepal tree.
Engineer Rameshwar Prasad
(B.Tech., M.Tech., P.G.D.C.A., P.G.D.M.)