Own House: 12
Best Houses: 3, 4, 6
Weak Houses: 1, 2, 5, 7, 12
Enemy Planets: Sun, Mars, Venus
Friendly Planets: Saturn, Mercury, Ketu
Neutral Planets: Jupiter, Moon
Work: Related with Electricity
Exalted: 3, 6
Debilitated: 8, 9, 11
Day: Thursday evening
Substitute : Mars + Saturn (Superior) Sun + Saturn (Inferior)
Lal Kitab - Effects of Rahu (Natal Chart Reading) - CLICK HERE
Lal Kitab - Effects of Rahu (Annual Predictions) - CLICK HERE
Rahu is the friend of the deprived. It acts as the assistant of Saturn if it is seated with it. But if it is placed in the house before Saturn then the natal shall become a king or an administrator. If it falls under the aspect of Rahu then the effect of Sun is very beneficial, but if Saturn falls in its aspect, then Rahu becomes inferior. It is a shadow planet and the lord of Capricorn. Its favourable signs are Gemini (3), Virgo (6), Pisces (12), Capricorn (6) while inimical signs are Cancer (4), Leo (5).
Rahu governs valour, courage, obesity, wrestling, sin, action, sorrow, worry, trouble, etc.
In the absence of Mars, Rahu behaves like the unruly elephant. It brings obstacles to the house where it sits.
The author of Lal Kitab describes Saturn as a serpent and Rahu and Ketu as its head and tail respectively. As a node of moon, Rahu shall not provide adverse results so long as 4th house or moon is not afflicted. He gives good results when Mars occupies houses 3 and 12, or when Sun and Mercury are in house 3, or when he himself is posited in 4th house. Rahu further provides good results if placed together with Mercury or expected by him.
Rahu offers highly beneficial effects if placed in houses earlier than Saturn. But if it is otherwise, Saturn becomes stronger and Rahu acts as his agent. Sun provides very good results when Rahu is expected by Saturn, but Rahu gives the effects of a debilitated planet when Saturn is expected by Rahu.
Rahu gets exalted in houses 3 and 6, whereas he gets debilitated in houses 8, 9 and 11. 12th house is his 'Pakka Ghar' and he proves highly auspicious in houses 3,4 and 6. Saturn, Mercury and Ketu are his friends, whereas Sun, Mars and Venus are his enemies. Jupiter and moon are neutral to him.
If Sun and Venus are placed together in a horoscope, Rahu will generally provide adverse results. Similarly, Rahu will provide bad results if Saturn and Sun are also combined in a horoscope. Here Mars will also become Mars negative. If Ketu is placed in houses earlier than Rahu, Rahu will provide adverse results, whereas Ketu's effect would be zeroed.
Rahu in 1st House
1st house is influenced by Mars and Sun, which is like a throne. The planet in 1st house is considered to be the king of all planets.
The native will achieve a position higher than indicated by his qualification and will obtain good results from government. Rahu in this house would give the result of exalted Sun, but it will spoil the fruits of the house in which Sun is placed. If Mars, Saturn and Ketu are weak only then Rahu would give bad results, otherwise it will give good results in 1st house. If Rahu is malefic the native should never take any electric equipments or blue/black clothes from his in-laws, else his son could be affected adversely. its malefic result too could last till the age of 42 years.
1. Offer 400 gm lead in running water .
2. Wear silver in the neck.
3. Mix barley in milk in ratio of 1:4 and offer in running water.
4. Offer coconut in running water.
Rahu in 2nd House
If Rahu is in benefic form in 2nd house one gets money, prestige and lives like a king. He will have a long life. 2nd house is influenced by Jupiter and Venus. If Jupiter is benefic then the native will live the early years of his life in wealth and comfort. If Rahu is malefic the native will be poor and have a bad family life, suffer from intestinal disorders. The native is killed by a weapon and is unable to save money. In the 10th, 21st to 42nd years of his life, he loses wealth by theft etc.
1. Keep a solid silver ball in the pocket.
2. Wear things associated with Jupiter, like gold, yellow cloth, saffron etc.
3. Keep cordial relations with ones mother.
4. After marriage do not take any electric equipment from in-laws.
Rahu in 3rd House
It is the 'Pukka Ghar' of Rahu. 3rd house belongs to Mercury and is influenced by Mars. When Rahu is benefic the native will enjoy great wealth and a long life. He will be fearless and a loyal friend. He would be a clairvoyant for seeing future in his dreams. He will never be issueless. He will be victorious over his enemies; can never be a debtor. He would leave behind property. 22nd year of his life would be of progress. However if Rahu is malefic in 3rd house then his brothers and relatives would waste his money. His money once borrowed would never be returned. He would have defective speech and would be an atheist. If Sun and Mercury are also there (in 3rd house) with Rahu then his sister would become a widow in 22nd or 32nd year of his life.
1. Never keep ivory or things of ivory in the house.
Rahu in 4th House
This house belongs to moon, which is an enemy of Rahu. When Rahu is benefic in this house the native would be intelligent, wealthy and will spend money on good things. Going on pilgrimage would be beneficial for him. If Venus is also benefic then after marriage the native's in-laws could also become rich and the native would also benefit from them.
When Moon is exalted the native would become very rich and would benefit from the works or relatives associated with Mercury. If Rahu is malefic and the Moon is also weak then the native will suffer from poverty and native's mother would also suffer. Collecting char coal, altering toilet, installing oven in the ground and alteration of the roof in the house would be indicative of malefic.
1. Wear silver.
2. Offer 400 gm coriander or almonds, or both in flowing water.
Rahu in 5th House
5th house belongs to Sun, which signifies male offspring. If Rahu is benefic native will be rich, wise, enjoy good health. He would enjoy good income and good progress. The native would be a devout or philosopher. If Rahu is malefic it leads to abortions. After the birth of a son, wife's health will suffer for twelve years. If Jupiter is also in 5th house father of native will be in trouble.
1. Keep an elephant made of silver.
2. Abstain from wine, non-vegetarianism and adultery.
3. Remarry your wife.
Rahu in 6th House (Exalted)
This house is influenced by Mercury or Ketu. Here Rahu is exalted and gives very good results. The native will be free of all botherations or troubles. The native will spend money on clothes. The native will be intelligent and victorious. When Rahu is malefic he will harm his brothers or friends. When mercury or Mars is in 12th house Rahu gives bad result. The native suffers from various ailments or loss of wealth. Sneezing while going to work would give bad results.
1. Keep a black dog.
2. Keep a lead nail in your pocket.
3. Never harm ones brothers/sisters.
Rahu in 7th House
Native will be rich, but wife would suffer. He would be victorious over his enemies. If the marriage takes place before twenty one years, it would be inauspicious. He would have good relations with the government. But if he engages in business connected with Rahu, like electrical equipments, then he will have losses. Native would suffer from head ache and if Mercury, Venus or Ketu is in 11th house, then sister, wife or son would destroy the native.
1. Never marry before 21st year of age.
2. Offer six coconuts in river.
Rahu in 8th House
8th house is concerned with Saturn and Mars. So Rahu in this house gives malefic effect. The native would spend money uselessly on court cases. Family life would be adversely affected. If Mars is benefic and is placed in 1st or 8th house or Saturn (benefic) is placed in 8th house, the native will be very rich.
1. Keep a square piece of silver.
2. While sleeping Saunf should be keep under the pillow.
3. Do not work in electricity or power department.
Rahu in 9th House
9th house is influenced by Jupiter. If the native has good relation with ones brothers and sisters it is fruitful; else it would adversely affect the native. If the native is not religious minded then his progeny would be useless for him. Professions influenced by Saturn would be profitable.
If Jupiter is in 5th or 11th house then it is useless. If Rahu is inauspicious in 9th house then chances of begetting a son are less, specially if native files court cases against one's blood relation. Rahu is in 9th and 1st house is empty then health could be adversely affected and one gets insulted and mental problems, specially from olders.
1. Use Tilak of saffron daily.
2. Wear gold.
3. Always keep a dog (it saves ones progeny).
4. Have good relations with your in-laws.
Rahu in 10th House
Keeping ones head uncovered gives the effect of a debilitated Rahu in 10th house. The good or bad result of Rahu would depend upon Saturn's position. If Saturn is auspicious then native would be brave, long lived and rich and get respect from all quarters. If Rahu in 10th house is with Moon it gives Raja Yoga. The native is lucky for ones father. If Rahu in 10th house is malefic then it would adversely affect ones mother or native's health would also be bad. If Moon is alone in 4th house then native's eyes are adversely affected. He suffers from headaches and there is loss of wealth, because of a dark complexioned person .
1. Use blue or black cap.
2. Cover ones head.
3. Offer 4kg. or 400 gms of 'khand' in a temple, or in flowing water.
4. Feed blind people.
Rahu in 11th House
11th house is influenced by both Saturn and Jupiter. Native could be rich as long as his father is alive. Alternatively, establishing things of Jupiter would help. Native has wicked friends. He gets money from mean people. After the death of ones father he should wear gold in the neck. If Mars is malefic for a native with Rahu in 11th at time of his birth, there is every thing in his house, but every thing gets destroyed later. If Rahu in 11th house is malefic then the native has bad relations with his father or he may even kill him. Planet in 2nd house would act as enemy. If Jupiter/Saturn are in 3rd or 11th house then wear iron on the body and drink water in a silver glass. If ketu is in 5th house then Ketu gives bad results. There may be diseases of ear, spine, urinary problems etc. There may be losses associated with business concerned with Ketu.
1. Wear iron. Use silver glass for drinking water.
2. Never take any electric equipment as a gift.
3. Do not keep blue sapphire, ivory or toys in the shape of
Rahu in 12th House
12th house belongs to Jupiter. It signifies bedroom. Rahu here gives mental troubles, insomnia. It also leads to excessive expenditure on sisters and daughters. If Rahu is with its enemies then it becomes next to impossible to make ends meet, despite hard labour. It also leads to false allegations. One may even go to the extreme of contemplating suicide. One has mental worries.
Telling lies, deceiving others etc. may make Rahu even more malefic. If some body sneezes at the start of any new work if gives malefic effect. There may be theft, diseases or false allegations. If mars is with Rahu here, then it gives good results.
1. Take your meals in the kitchen itself.
2. Keep Saunf and khand under the pillow for good night's sleep.
(1) Practice one remedy at one time.
(2) Practice the remedies maximum for 43 days and minimum for 40 days.
(3) Practice them fully. If there occurs any interruption, resume the remedies again.
(4) Perform the remedies from sun-rise to sun-set.
(5) Remedies can also be practiced by some of the kin i.e. brother, father or son etc as well.
RAHU in Lal Kitab
Astrology also does not accept physical existence of Rahu and Ketu. They are known as chhaya graha (shadow planets). The function of Rahu and Ketu, it is believed, is to put obstacles and not allow any work to be completed.
According to the mythological references, Rahu is the son of the demon Harinyakashyap's daughter Singhika. In Puranas, it is referred to as a snake who stung the Sun.
Rahu is black, blue or smoke coloured. It is very ugly, terrific, tall and has a gigantic and huge body. It apparently looks like an old person and has a prominent chin. It's eyes are small like that of an elephant or it is single eyed. It suffers from ailments related to acidity. It is non religious, foolish, hypocrite and enjoys speaking ill of others and slandering their reputation. It is a liar and shameless creature. It is as selfish as a cat and is always on the look out for destructive ways.
The person ruled by Rahu is found of collcting things but does not take care of them properly. In its favourable position Rahu helps in unveiling secret mysteries. It helps one in obtaining justice, is social reformer, but it believes in ancient traditions.
Rahu governs the head portion of the body, arms, chin, nape and thoughts. It regulates conspiracy, plot hatching, deception, lying, forming a group, black marketing, spreading rumours, dreams, etc.
Relation with zodiacs and other planets
Rahu holds his position in the zodiac Virgo. It has an exalted position in the house of Gemini and is debilitated with Aquarius.
Friends - Mercury, Venus, Saturn, Ketu
Enemies - Sun, Moon, Mars
Neutral - Jupiter
Rahu according to Lal Kitab
Rahu is the lord of imagination and thinking capability of man in the universe. It helps man in protecting him by vanquishing enemies. It soothes the person on being hurt.
Rahu is the lord of the blue expanse of the sky. If it is favourable it is capable of making the world bow before him, but if malicious, it can harm the person by way of lightening, earthquake, volcano, theft, robbery or any kind of deception.
Rahu and Ketu do not have an, mount in the palm of the hand but are reflected as net (Rahu) and trishual and swastika (Ketu). Rahu is pleased by donation of radish and dropping coal in flowing water. If Rahu is weak in a person's horoscope, he should give broken lentil gram (Masoor Dal) to the sweeper in the morning. It is also beneficial to give money as charity to the sweeper. Barley can be kept at the bedside and distributed among the animals or poor.
House of Rahu
There may be an unseen hole in the right hand side of the house when the person under the influence of Rahu is entering his house. There may be an outlet of water just under the main entrance. The neighbour living just opposite the house may be childless or no one might be living in that house. Terrace of the house might have been renovated several times but the walls might have remained the same. Dirty water might be accumulated just beside the house or there may be smoke emitting from the next door.
- Immersing coconut in water is good if Rahu is present in inauspicious position in the horoscope.
- The ill effect of Rahu is removed by floating barley washed with milk in the river.
- If suffering from leprosy, wash barley with cow's urine and keep it after tying it in a red cloth and clean teeth with cow's urine.
- Donation of radish is considered good. Immersing coal in the river also proves to be good and useful.
- Mustard and sapphire also count in the items of Rahu's donation.
- Coal, childless person, blind by one eye, vishtha, and roof of house have relation with Rahu.
- If Rahu is inauspicious in the eighth house, throwing gilded coin in the river provides calm.
Indications of Malefic Rahu in the Horoscope
1. Native has association with Malecha, foreigners or out-caste.
2. One is confused in thought/ action or gets suddenly adverse results in life.
3. One is troubled with quarrels, accidents, litigations etc.
4. One is troubled by evil spirits/ witchcraft, widowhood, epilepsy, leprosy, jaundice, cholera, plague, epidemics, diseases of intestine, spleen, ulcers and snake-bites etc.
5. One has problems in foreign land/ with foreigners.
6. One has relations with immoral/ low caste women.
7. One is argumentative, hypocrite, cunning or mean.
8. There is disruption in education/ service.
9. Native has different phobias/ depressions or danger of drowning/ fall.
10. Native is addicted to drinks/ drugs.
11. Loss of wealth through theft, robbery or govt.'s punishments.
12. Native's nails may fall off.
13. It becomes difficult to diagnose the native's ailments.
14. Malefic Rahu in 8th cause major ups / downs in finances.
Remedies for Malefic Rahu
1. Live in joint family and keep relations with in-laws good.
2. Never commit any sin in a temple/ religious place.
3. During night, while sleeping, keep some sugar & Saunf under pillow.
4. Put earth of elephant's foot in a well.
5. Keep elephant made of solid silver or a small red coloured lead ball in the house.
6. Have meals while sitting in the kitchen.
7. Spend part of your income on sister, daughter or on wife's sister.
8. Put in running water, coconut or barley washed in milk or coal equivalent to own weight or 8 blue flowers, or 8 Khote coins.
9. Donate mustard, reddish, tobacco, black blanket, lead or saffron to sweeper or an out-caste or to a Muslim.
10. Worship Goddess Durga with blue flowers.
11. Keep 800 gms of red Masoor by bed-side in the night and donate the same to a sweeper in the
12. For mental peace, wear silver or keep Ganga-Jal in a silver bowl with a rectangular silver piece dipped therein.
13. During transit of Rahu in 12th house, do not start any new work.
14. If native is having constant fever or T.B., put 800 gms. barley washed in cow's urine & wrapped in a red cloth in running water; and if Sun is in 4th house, then in a well.
15. Do not take important decisions during sunrise or sunset.
16. Bury a pair of snakes made out of copper in an isolated place in SW direction.
17. Wear black goggles.
18. On a Sunday evening, put in a river a coconut and a pair of snakes (of copper) tied in a blue cloth.
19. To ward off evil effect of Rahu, at the time of daughter's marriage, give her two identical pieces of iron/ steel; one should be thrown in running water and the other, she should always keep with her.
20. To ward off diseases, keep barley equivalent to the weight of the patient by his bedside in the night and in the morning give it to some poor out-caste.
21. To ward off evil effects on wife/ children, bury silver sheet under door- frame (Choukhat) of the house keep white cow (Venus) in the house.
Engineer Rameshwar Prasad
(B.Tech., M.Tech., P.G.D.C.A., P.G.D.M.)