In the contemporary times, more and more people are consulting a Vastu expert, while selecting a plot, irrespective of the fact whether they want to use the plot for residential or commercial purposes. Vastu for plot selection goes a long way in keeping away the negative energies, which lead to severe health and loss of money.
Vastu advice for plot selection is based on the study of multiple factors, which include direction of the site, type of soil on the site, shape of the plot, surroundings of the plot and many more. Check out some Vastu tips for plot selection, in the following lines.
The geometrical axis of the plot should be aligned with earth's magnetic axis; one of the plot sides should parallel to the north south directions and other should be parallel to east-west directions. If the plot is not aligned in the north south direction, the land is poor for overall growth, peace and happiness. The shape, size, levels and angles of the plot should be examined. If it does not comply with the Vaastu principles the necessary additions and alterations should be done to the plot.
Slope of Industrial Plot
The land should be elevated towards the south and west sides and it should be lower in North and east sides overall growth and prosperity.
Shape of Industrial Plot
- Ideally it should be a square.
- Rectangle is also good provided the breadth and length ratio should not be more than 1:2.
- Triangle, round and all other odd shapes are not considered good.
Angles of the Industrial plot
- If all angles are 90 degrees, it is considered best.
- Square site: If the ratio of two adjacent sides of a site is 1:1 and every corner is a 90 degrees angle, it is called a square and is best for overall growth.
- South west angle should be 90 degrees North west and south east angle should be close to 90 degrees or more.
- North east should be close to 90 degrees or less but should never exceed 90 degrees.
- If the ratio of width and depth of a site is within 1:15 and all corners are of 90 degrees, it is also good for growth. If the depth is more than twice the width, the site becomes weaker for growth.
- The symmetrical geometry of shape is good in general. The unsymmetrical shape is not always good. The various shapes and their possible effects are as below :
Square : Overall growth
Rectangular : Overall growth
Circular : Increases mental capabilities
Hexagonal : Prosperity
Unsymmetrical / Irregular Shapes : Oval Shape: Inauspicious
Triangular : Loss due to fire, Govt. harassment, Penalty etc.
Parallelogram : Financial losses, Quarrels in family.
Star : Quarrel and litigations, Destruction of peace.
Location and direction of Industrial plot
East and north facing sites are preferred over west and south facing plots.
1. This is the direction where Sun rises and gives light and heat to earth.
2. Lord of this direction are Indra-Planet ruling is Moon.
3. Other Lords influencing this direction are Shikhi, Parjanya, Jayant, Indra, Sun, Satya, Bhusha, Sky and Agni.
4. This is the best direction so keep it as open as possible so that resident gets sun's rays in full.
5. This direction should keep low as low as possible.
6. This direction is kept open and at low level native gets famous and is honored in society.
7. Entrance in this direction are beneficial so keep entrance door preferably in East.
8. Do not do evil deeds in this direction.
9. Bath room in this direction is good because resident gets advantage of sun's rays while taking bath.
10. Owner should use this direction for himself and should not give this portion on rental-once rented-owner will never get back.
Industrial Plots having two or more roads
- It is good to have roads on all four sides of the plot - gives all round happiness to the native.
- It is good to have more than one road.
- North and east roads are the best.
- South and west roads are good for business people.
- South and east roads are good for women and women organisations.
Industrial Plot and levels
Levels inside the plot
- The ground levels should be high in the south and west.
- The ground levels in the north and east should be lowest in the plot.
- Levels in the south east and north west should be more or less equal.
- North should be lower than south and east should be lower than west.
Levels outside the Industrial plot
- East and north levels of the adjoining plot or road should be low.
- Hillocks and mounds are preferred towards south and west.
- Water bodies are preferred on north and east for good results.
- A high building towards south or west or south west bring good prosperity.
- Water bodies, depressions and low levels are considered bad towards south west of the plot.
Vastu Tips For Plot Selection
- Choose a plot that doesn't have an irregular shape. Square or rectangle shape plot is considered good. Make sure that the plot doesn't have any cracks.
- A plot that has more length in the east or west direction is good for purchasing purpose.
- As per vastu, buying of such a plot that has more of open space in southern portion as compared to the northern side is not suggested, as it is likely to cause some sort of destruction.
- It is advisable to buy a plot that has the main entrance in the mid-west or in the northern portion of the plot.
- It is not recommended to buy a plot facing the west direction.
- A plot-facing road from all sides is considered auspicious.
- People of different occupations are affected by certain directions chosen for plot. For instance, a plot facing east is considered favorable for scholars, philosophers, priests, teachers and professors. For people handling administration of a firm, selecting a plot facing north is good. Government employees can also choose a plot facing north.
- In case you are a business person, then purchase a plot that faces south. For the people providing services to the society, opting for a plot facing west is good.
- According to vastu shastra, fertile plot with greenery surrounding it is considered auspicious.
- Make sure that there is no graveyard or tomb in the front, back or adjacent to your plot.
- Avoid the plot that is located in the vicinity of schools, colleges or cinema theatre.
- Do not purchase a plot, to which rain water from the roof of the neighborhood falls.
- Make sure that there is not tall building located in the north eastern side of your plot, because it would ruin your mental peace. However, if the high-rise building is located in the south, south west or western side, you may purchase the plot.
- Avoid purchasing a plot with rivers or canal flowing on west or south side of the plot.
- Make sure that there is no pillar, electric or post nearby your plot.